Shaman

#1
A lot of people are under the impression that writing about power animals is a shamanic practice.

I know what a shaman is and I am all about soul awareness and love but that is where a shaman and me part company.

I met a shaman once, he told me that women can't be shamans and that if we don't do what spirit wants they make you sick.........

I on the other hand don't believe fear achieves anything. I like to think that my energy comes from a place of love and that spirit uses every available means to reach out to people including animals. Animals love unconditionally, they could teach us more about love than any human.

We use labels to separate and identify, in spirit we are all equal. I had a dream once about a shaman, scared the hell out of me. This huge big black woman kept coming towards me, I was terrified out of my wits!!!! I knew it was a shaman even though out of dream land I had never even heard of a shaman. Anyway when the shaman came right up to me, all she did was smile..........,

I thought about it for weeks and then it dawned on me. The big dark woman/ shaman was my shadow side, when we embrace and love our shadow side then we can embrace and love other people and their shadow side.

By the way that is where this name cheeneka came to me for the first time, it means 'spirit of the light' not the dark.


LOve cheeneka x

#3
Hello dear Cheeneka,

I believe some extremely bigoted and sexist person gave you the wrong impression that Shamans have to be men only. Not to mention, I sense that they had very dark intensions.
I am a Shaman, not to mention female. I also have a Shamanic mentor, who is female as well.
I have light intentions to help heal, guide others, and restore the balance between the physical, spiritual, universal, and cosmos.
I'm truly sorry you had that experience with a Shaman cheeneka! Shamans are not like that at all, at least not the ones with light intentions.
However, that is truly wonderful that you had that dream. It seems like you discovered the yin aspect of yourself, which is good!! =)
As scary as it may be, we need the light, dark, good, evil, yin, yang, positive, negative, angelic, demonic, eros, thanatos, etc (however and or whichever way you'd like to put it), aspects of ourselves.

Also, yes animal totems is a Shamanic aspect, but it can also be used as a Spiritual/New Age aspect.
Which in turn, its all in the same realm.

-Alexandria <3

#4
[quote="winteranimeluv"]Hello dear Cheeneka,

I believe some extremely bigoted and sexist person gave you the wrong impression that Shamans have to be men only. Not to mention, I sense that they had very dark intensions.
I am a Shaman, not to mention female. I also have a Shamanic mentor, who is female as well.
I have light intentions to help heal, guide others, and restore the balance between the physical, spiritual, universal, and cosmos.
I'm truly sorry you had that experience with a Shaman cheeneka! Shamans are not like that at all, at least not the ones with light intentions

HI winteranimeluv,

Yes. I agree I was very vulnerable at the time but was wise enough not to return to him:):)

The strange thing is before I went to see him I kept painting a wolf and I had no idea about power animals at the time, ever since I have been writing about them. I just think of an animal and it pours out onto the page, effortlessly.

I feel radiance and warmth from your energy, gentleness.

LOve cheeneka x

#5
Then you obviously did not meet a real "shaman". Sounds like they did not follow a real medicine path and are like many leaders who try and take advantage of power. Also "shaman" is a disrespectful word for medicine person, in native culture it's seen as an offensive term. There are medicine women and medicine men. A woman's medicine path is different than a man's medicine path. In native culture, women are seen as more powerful. There are very strict ceremonial practices and traditions that are not written down and are passed down orally.
Thus I doubt anyone here knows much about real ancient medicine practices in native culture, unless they are native and learned those traditions personally. In spirit we may be all equal, but you also have to see things in a paradoxical view and encompass all that is. There is a sacred balance to things. When one thing is so, another thing is the opposite.

#6
winteranimeluv wrote:
Also, yes animal totems is a Shamanic aspect, but it can also be used as a Spiritual/New Age aspect.
Which in turn, its all in the same realm.

-Alexandria <3
Your animal totem is your native family crest.

Actually, new age culture is nothing like native culture or any ancient culture for that matter! New age thoughts may have derived from ancient times, but they have really been warped far from the original roots.

#7
Where Cheeneka took the knowledge,probably whered it originated from they used the term Shaman. Nor is she trying to use it in a way to disrespect other cultures that would use a different termn.

#8
Sabrina Danelle G wrote:Then you obviously did not meet a real "shaman". Sounds like they did not follow a real medicine path and are like many leaders who try and take advantage of power. Also "shaman" is a disrespectful word for medicine person, in native culture it's seen as an offensive term. There are medicine women and medicine men. A woman's medicine path is different than a man's medicine path. In native culture, women are seen as more powerful. There are very strict ceremonial practices and traditions that are not written down and are passed down orally.
Thus I doubt anyone here knows much about real ancient medicine practices in native culture, unless they are native and learned those traditions personally. In spirit we may be all equal, but you also have to see things in a paradoxical view and encompass all that is. There is a sacred balance to things. When one thing is so, another thing is the opposite.
HI

The way we perceive things differently is the beauty of the differences between us, offensive is just a word.

I just write what I write from my heart or my intuition.:)

Thanks for the advice but I don't have to see the world through anyone's vision but mine.:)

LOve cheeneka x

#9
cheeneka wrote:
I met a shaman once, he told me that women can't be shamans and that if we don't do what spirit wants they make you sick.........

greetings min venn, what you were told is not at all accurate. I agree with winter, sounds to me like someone tried to eschew your path
however, I see a lot of things in your writing that I both agree with and things that I believe you are seeing through a particular 'glass'
by that I mean, you have been given a frame of reference and are having trouble stepping fully beyond it to think with only your own frame of reference
I do not mean that as an insult whatsoever, it is a process that all who choose to walk their own way must undertake
for we are often given our first frames of reference by our family and the environment we grew up in
only when we move to break beyond that do we start really thinking for ourselves

whomever spoke to you spoke of sibhyong, the spirit sickness
this is often seen by those who have it as "spiritual bondage"....thus it is given the connotation that it is fear driven
this is not the case necessarily, I offer you a different frame of reference for that
because while I do not really want or need labels to define, I do adhere to the seiðr practices passed down to me from my grandmother
the seiðr also mean "the seething" and the reason for this is largely due to the fact that those who have this way and follow it truly
experience a form a sibhyong
what it means or signifies is that you have encountered something either in your life or in that of your "tribe" that warrants walking between
a calling to see within, to walk between the Veils, and to do what is natural to you
this flesh is simply clothing, it is not whom we are, and so for it to experience fever or sickness is an unfortunate side-effect of the spirit being called
to where it is more natural for it to be

hence, sibhyong is not a tool of fear....it is as natural as lungs not being as suited to breathing water as gills are

further, if you do some reading and research (utilizing others' thoughts to shape your own) you will find
that in basically every culture that has old roots (from every corner of the world) it was very common to find female shamanka, in fact a bit more common that to find males
males were typically driven to utility, they needed to hunt to provide...and the instinct of savagery was more akin to them
thus, those that were called to the spiritual were discouraged as this would weaken the tribe by one man
this is not so much "sexism" as we might perceive it today, at that time it was pragmatic
again....frame of reference and context makes a big difference

I hope you seek your answers regardless, and I hope you find ways to shape your own context
do not let my words, or the words of any other than yourself, be more that perhaps raindrops
they may add to the stream, but the stream's source remains the same

[img:3vdllbh1]https://ak.picdn.net/shutterstock/videos ... window.jpg[/img:3vdllbh1]

#10
t1mb3rl1n3 wrote:greetings min venn, what you were told is not at all accurate. I agree with winter, sounds to me like someone tried to eschew your path
however, I see a lot of things in your writing that I both agree with and things that I believe you are seeing through a particular 'glass'
by that I mean, you have been given a frame of reference and are having trouble stepping fully beyond it to think with only your own frame of reference
I do not mean that as an insult whatsoever, it is a process that all who choose to walk their own way must undertake
for we are often given our first frames of reference by our family and the environment we grew up in
only when we move to break beyond that do we start really thinking for ourselves

whomever spoke to you spoke of sibhyong, the spirit sickness
this is often seen by those who have it as "spiritual bondage"....thus it is given the connotation that it is fear driven
this is not the case necessarily, I offer you a different frame of reference for that
because while I do not really want or need labels to define, I do adhere to the seiðr practices passed down to me from my grandmother
the seiðr also mean "the seething" and the reason for this is largely due to the fact that those who have this way and follow it truly
experience a form a sibhyong
what it means or signifies is that you have encountered something either in your life or in that of your "tribe" that warrants walking between
a calling to see within, to walk between the Veils, and to do what is natural to you
this flesh is simply clothing, it is not whom we are, and so for it to experience fever or sickness is an unfortunate side-effect of the spirit being called
to where it is more natural for it to be

hence, sibhyong is not a tool of fear....it is as natural as lungs not being as suited to breathing water as gills are

further, if you do some reading and research (utilizing others' thoughts to shape your own) you will find
that in basically every culture that has old roots (from every corner of the world) it was very common to find female shamanka, in fact a bit more common that to find males
males were typically driven to utility, they needed to hunt to provide...and the instinct of savagery was more akin to them
thus, those that were called to the spiritual were discouraged as this would weaken the tribe by one man
this is not so much "sexism" as we might perceive it today, at that time it was pragmatic
again....frame of reference and context makes a big difference

I hope you seek your answers regardless, and I hope you find ways to shape your own context
do not let my words, or the words of any other than yourself, be more that perhaps raindrops
they may add to the stream, but the stream's source remains the same

[img:3l7chleb]https://ak.picdn.net/shutterstock/videos ... window.jpg[/img:3l7chleb]
Hi

Thank you, that is very accurate in parts and is very thought provoking. You are very gifted at seeing beyond the obvious.

Sometimes when we look through the glass we see a reflection of ourselves rather than what is beyond the glass. When we go beyond the veil the reflection is not just about ourselves but everyone and everything around us and we reflect that back to whomever needs to see their reflection. Sometimes we do not like what is being reflected and so we become angry with our own reflection. It is ignorance of it being our own reflection that causes us to lash out at others. The hard part as a flesh and blood human being is trying to show people their reflection in a loving way.

I have had 'spirit sickness' but it was my own ignorance and fear that caused it. It is fear and ignorance that causes all our pain. It is though in suffering that we find our path. We do not learn through love we do learn through suffering.

Beyond the veil we do not choose whom we reflect, we do not choose our thoughts, we do not choose the message because it is not from the self that the message comes.

Thank you again.

LOve cheeneka x
Post Reply

Return to “Mysticism & Ancient Wisdom”