messages to the 7 churches Messages

[h=3]Messages to the Seven Churches

[/h]

Revelation 2:1-7 EPHESUS

Addressing the Spirit of Darkness

Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks. I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars: And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted. Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent. But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, which I also hate. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Interpretation of: Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write.

The first fallen angel/spirit to be addressed is the spirit that has been seduced and led astray by the spirit of darkness. Because of this its light has lost its strength. It should be noted that whenever a spirit is addressed, so also is the person that that spirit belongs to.

Interpretation of: These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks.

The message now begins and an image is presented to the reader of what they too must strive to emulate.

Interpretation of: I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil.

This is followed by praise to the reader, concerning what they have accomplished so far. It should be remembered that it is not the world outside of us that we are concerned with, rather it is the world inside that we live in as a spiritual being. We must lift the veil from the messages, and see them with spiritual eyes. Jesus Christ gave the commandment; ‘Love your enemy’, and yet here the reader is praised for hating them which are evil. This is a clear indication that those referred to as evil are in fact, evil spirits within the soul.

Interpretation of: And thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars.

Apostles are defined as those who set out to preach the Truth to others, but some when tested, may be found to be liars. But the apostles being spoken of in this message are not those you find in the world outside of you, rather they are the spirits within the soul. They are lying and deceiving spirits pretending to speak the Truth. The reader is praised for testing these spirits and finding them to be liars, and therefore not being deceived and led astray by them completely.

Interpretation of: And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.

Here the reader is praised for all the suffering he has had to endure in pursuit of The Word and the Holy Spirit (Truth and Love), and for remaining in faith and not giving in.

Interpretation of: Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.

The reader is now informed of their error, which is allowing their righteous spirit/angel to form a union with the spirit of darkness. In other words, their Love for the light, which is the true and perfect life, has been compromised by their Love for the things of the world outside of the soul. Interpretation of: Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works. Here the reader is told to remember where he has fallen from, and that is, their true Home in Heaven. They are told to repent for their error and do their first works, which is finding their way Home, guided by the Word and the Holy Spirit, (Truth and Love).

Interpretation of: Or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

A warning then follows, that if the reader is unable or unwilling to repent, then the angel/spirit will lose all of its light, and will be moved into the place of darkness.

Interpretation of: But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, which I also hate.

The reader is then commended for hating the deeds of the Nicolaitanes which Jesus Christ also hates. Nicolaitanes means conquerors of men. In this instance it is a reference to the unrighteous spirits that conquer the souls of people.

Interpretation of: He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

This denotes the method of interpretation, which is not according to worldly things or worldly understanding but rather by spiritual discernment and understanding.

Interpretation of: To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

The tree of life is the tree of light, the perfect consciousness, whose fruit is divine wisdom. It is found in the midst of Heaven.

Before we move on, there is one mystery remaining that you may not have noticed, and it is found in the line: will remove thy candlestick out of his place. It can be seen that the word thy which means ‘you’, is directly addressed to the reader. But then we get to the word his which is a reference to the angel/spirit of the reader.

The mystery is that the angel/spirit is referred to as being male. This mystery can be understood when it is realized that angels are created by the true Self, and therefore are referred to as male. On the other hand, unrighteous spirits/demons are created by the false Self which, along with its spirits is a construct of the mind; such spirits are therefore denoted as female spirits. The spirits that we create are in spiritual teachings, referred to as our children.

Revelation 2:8-11 SMYRNA

Addressing the Spirit of Desire

And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive; I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan. Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Interpretation of: And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive.

Jesus Christ now presents himself as an example of one who has conquered death. It was desire that caused the soul to be removed from the Garden of Eden, and it was desire that lead to spiritual death in the world, which is the loss of one’s true spiritual identity, and the loss of the power of one’s righteous spirits/angels.

When a person’s identity is split due to uncertainty of their nature (spiritual or physical), then their heart becomes divided as well as their mind, and one side, continuously struggles against the other. One side of the heart struggles to fulfil its spiritual desires, while the other side of the heart tries to fulfil its materialistic desires.

Interpretation of: I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich)

The angel being addressed in this message is the Spirit of Righteous Desire.
The angel/spirit is praised for its works, and its suffering is given recognition. Although the angel/spirit seems to have nothing of worth for its owner, it has in fact stored up a great amount of Heavenly treasure. This spirit has done very well, and the reader can tell if they have such a spirit, because material things will have very little value if any, to them.

Interpretation of: And I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

A reference is now made to the spirits of the materialistic side of people’s hearts and their blasphemy. Such spirits claim to be Jews, which are spirits of the New Jerusalem that comes down from Heaven, but they are in fact unrighteous and materialistic spirits, which means that they belong to the synagogue of Satan. The Devil is the evil heart that belongs to the false identity/ego (Satan) of the person that believes that they are no more than a physical being.

Interpretation of: Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days.

The angel/spirit is told not to be afraid of the things that they will have to suffer. These are things like persecution, hate, ridicule and contempt, and that some of the angels/spirits will have their freedom taken away and will be judged unrighteously. This tribulation will last ten days, but they are not literal days.

Interpretation of: Be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

The angel/spirit is then told that if it remains faithful, it will be given a crown of life, this means that no unrighteous spirit will ever take power from it again.

Interpretation of: He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

This denotes the method of interpretation, which is not according to worldly things or worldly understanding but rather by spiritual discernment and understanding.

Interpretation of: He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

The first death was caused when desire was established and turned from the spirit to the world.
The second death occurs when desire is completely disempowered. First the Self looks into the world and sees nothing that is of any worth. Following this it considers all the knowledge that it has gained from the world, and it sees nothing that can end its struggle and suffering. The Self’s hands are empty except for what remains of its righteous spirits, and the Love and Truth felt through them. But there are righteous spirits/angels still joined to unrighteous spirits, they have become as one, mixed and inseparable.

If peace is to be found, there is only once course of action. The Self’s images and all of their accompanying spirits must be sacrificed, and so the field is cleared and the Self becomes as nothing, and the Self remembers only the Love it had experienced, and the Truth that it revealed. All desire is gone and there is silence, the mind becomes like a sea of glass.

What now? Says the self. It knows not where it came from, or where it is going. It looks back on its life journey and sees that the only thing that gave it any worth was Love, and so it decides to spend the rest of its life journey helping others, taking away their suffering where it could and replacing it with happiness. These were the only things that brought it true pleasure, for Love was all it ever really wanted.

It is when Love is remembered that it returns to the heart, and every angel follows, as does the Self’s resurrection of its true identity and life.

The emptying of the cup is the sacrifice, and the filling it with the Holy Spirit is the resurrection and the victory. This is the mystery of the second death that causes no hurt, for the Son has returned to the Mother’s (Heavens’) womb and has been born again from water (The Word) and the Spirit which is Love.

Revelation 2:12-17 PERGAMOS

Addressing the Spirit of Ignorance

And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges; I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth. But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumbling block before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication. So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitanes, which thing I hate. Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Interpretation of: And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges.

The two edged sword which both praises and rebukes is the sword of Truth. In other words, the Truth cuts both ways. To acquire Truth one first needs the ability to discern it, and it is the angel/spirit of discernment that is being addressed in this message.

Interpretation of: I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.

It is because the angel/spirit, of discernment, made a union with the Spirit of Ignorance that its judgement was affected. This angel/spirit held on to the name of the true Self and did not deny the Truth, but it no longer understood the validity of it. It is like knowing a law, but not understanding the reason for it, and yet faithfully abiding by that law.
Antipas is a reference to the personality of the soul, before its sacrifice and rebirth.
Satan is the false Self-identity as a physical being. Its seat is of course in the mind where the spirits dwell.
As you can see, the angel/spirit is praised for what little discernment it has held on to, but this is followed by a rebuke.

Interpretation of: But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumbling block before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication. So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitanes, which thing I hate.

The angel/spirit is rebuked for having in its congregation those who hold the doctrine of Balaam, by which wrong is reasoned to be right. Also, amongst the congregation of spirits were those with the doctrines of the Nicolaitanes, as described in the first message to Ephesus.

Interpretation of: Repent. Or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

The angel/spirit is told to repent or the sword of Truth will be used against it.

Interpretation of: To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

The hidden manna is the hidden Word, and so what is being promised here as a reward is the restoration of discernment.
The white stone always carries a message of Truth, the name written on this one is; ‘Spirit of Discernment’ for no man knows the Truth, but the one that can discern it.

Revelation 2:18-29 THYATIRA

Addressing the Spirit of Excitement of Death

And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass; I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first. Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols. And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works. But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden. But that which ye have already hold fast till I come. And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father. And I will give him the morning star. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Interpretation of: And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass.

Son of God means Son of The Word and the Holy Spirit, by which Eternal Life is acquired.
Eyes like unto a flame of fire represent Excitement of Life, and this life is spiritual life. It is the life experienced by the spiritual being that has come to know it’s true nature and root, and has become in its essence Truth and Love.

Feet are like fine brass is a reference to refined and unbreakable will.

Interpretation of: I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.

Jesus Christ is now first of all praising the angel/spirit for its charity, service, faith and patience, but disappointingly its last works are found to be more than its first. This means that the angel/spirit has been more concerned with worldly works than it has with its spiritual works.

Interpretation of: Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols. And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.

Jezebel is the name of this spirit that the angel/spirit has been seduced by. She is a spirit that teaches of false gods, and materialism. She is a false prophetess.

Interpretation of: Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

It should be noted here that the spirits of the false Self, which believes that it is a physical being, are always referred to as female, whereas the angels/spirits of the true Self which is a spiritual being, are always referred to as male. When the two different types of spirits form a union, they create other spirits, which are referred to as their children. These children spirits are created through an adulterous relationship because each has been unfaithful to its master. It is such a relationship that causes great tribulation, because the Self is not sure of its true nature, and the result is a divided mind.
Jesus Christ threatens to kill the spirits/children of such a union with the Truth.

Interpretation of: But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden. But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.

Those angels/spirits that do not have this false doctrine of the spirit Jezebel, which creates Excitement of Death, and have not completely fallen under her spell, will have no other burden put on them, and they should hold fast until the Word and the Holy Spirit comes.

Interpretation of: And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father. And I will give him the morning star.

Those who overcome the spirits of the false Self and do the works of the Word and the Holy Spirit, will be given power over the nations of spirits, and will rule them with a rod of iron, which means he will become their master. The forms of those spirits which form the personality will be broken to pieces, leaving the Self without a personality or a false Self. This is the state before the rebirth, where the true Self is born again as the Word and the Holy Spirit. This also is what Jesus Christ endured.

Those who overcome will be given the Morning Star. The morning star is seen at dawn and heralds the coming of the light. The life is the light of men, and so the morning star represents the Holy Spirit which heralds the coming of the everlasting life. It should also be noted that materially the morning star is Venus, the planet that represents Love.

Revelation 3:1-6 SARDIS

Addressing the Spirit of the Kingdom of the Flesh

And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead. Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God. Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee. Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy. He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Interpretation of: And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars.

The seven Spirits of God and the seven stars are the same except for one difference. The Spirits of God were created by the will of the Father, and are the Father’s Spirits, whereas the seven stars are the spirits created by the Son of God. There is no difference in the essence of these Spirits as both are formed from The Word, which is Truth, so both God and the Son of God, possess the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is formed in the Kingdom of Heaven, and so too is a Son of God’s Holy Spirit.
The kingdom is the mind, it is the kingdom within. It is through The Word and the Spirit of the Word that God’s children struggle to perfect their kingdom. But when they do not realize the true nature of themselves as spiritual being, they create spirits according to their hearts desires and worldly knowledge, instead of just Spirits of The Word. Not knowing their true nature for certain, i.e. spiritual or physical, their minds/kingdoms become divided, and can either become a Kingdom of the Flesh, or a Kingdom of the Spirit, i.e. I am this physical body, or I am a spiritual being. You have to take notice of what your mind is telling you what you are. For instance, are you living and existing in the world outside your mind (the physical/material), or are you living and existing in the world within, that is separate from the physical/material world outside your mind?

It is because people spend so much time focussing on the physical/material world that they come to believe that their physical body is their kingdom, and because of this, their true kingdom becomes hidden from them. There is the Kingdom of the Flesh, and the Kingdom of the Spirit. Possessing seven stars means one has taken full possession and ownership of the kingdom within.

Interpretation of: I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead. Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God. Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent.

Jesus Christ now says to the angel/spirit that He knows what they have been doing, and although it has been believed that they had life, they in fact have none because they have very little light. They are told to be watchful and strengthen the Truth that remains, for even that is almost lost. To God their works are imperfect, and so they are told to remember how they have seen and heard, which is through the spirit and not through the flesh. For one can close their physical eyes are ears, and can still see and hear, and so they are told to repent.

Interpretation of: If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

The angel/spirit is told to watch, which means to focus on the kingdom within. If they do not then The Word (Truth) and the Holy Spirit, will come when not expected.

Interpretation of: Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.

There are a few angels/spirits that have not made a union with the Spirit of the Kingdom of the Flesh, and so have not defiled their garments, they have not forgotten their true nature, and have not blemished their spirit. These shall walk with the Holy Spirit in white, for they are worthy. The spirit is the clothes that the Self wears.

Interpretation of: He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

He that overcomes the Spirit of the Kingdom of the Flesh, also overcomes the world, and shall be clothed with the Holy Spirit, and because they have not lost their light, they will retain their name in the Book of Life. His name will be confessed to the Father and to His angels/spirits, which together, form the Holy Spirit.

Revelation 3:7-13 PHILADELPHIA

Addressing the Spirit of Foolish Wisdom of the Flesh

And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth; I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name. Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee. Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown. Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Interpretation: And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth.

Holiness is derived from the Holy Spirit, and Truth is The Word. Jesus Christ is in possession of both, but just as important as these is the key of David, which is wisdom. With wisdom the Truth can be presented in such a way that it cannot be denied, and is easily understood. Likewise, wisdom can be used to overcome and destroy any beliefs in that which is untrue. The door that wisdom opens is the door to Truth, once opened it cannot be shut. The door that wisdom closes is the door to false beliefs.

Once Truth is realized it cannot be rejected. Once a lie is realized, it cannot be accepted.

Interpretation of: I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

The angel/spirit being addressed here is the angel/spirit of Righteous Wisdom of the Word, which is Truth. Because this angel/spirit has made a union with the spirit of Foolish Wisdom of the Flesh, and has been influenced by it, its wisdom has been weakened. But it has a little strength left, so it receives some praise for this, and for keeping the Truth and not taking the name of Satan as their father.

Interpretation of: Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee. Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Those referred to as being of the synagogue of Satan, are the unrighteous spirits of the carnal mind. Those referred to a Jews are the angels/spirits that are of the New Jerusalem, i.e. the New Heaven, or perfected mind to come. Those spirits that pretend to be Jews, but are of the carnal mind, will be made to come and worship before the feet of the angel/spirits. This means that the spirits of the carnal mind will no longer have any power.

The earth that is being referred to here is not part of the world outside of the mind, but rather it is the place between the conscious and subconscious mind. It is referred to many times in the scriptures as the field, for instance in the parable of the wheat and the tares, it is where Truth and lies are planted and grown. It is also the place of the spirits.

Interpretation of: Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

Angels/spirits that have not yet completely lost their authority as rulers, are told to hold fast to what authority they still have, so that their crowns of authority are not taken from them. They are told that the Word and the Holy Spirit will soon come.

Interpretation of: Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

The angel/spirit of Righteous Wisdom of the Truth that overcomes, will be made a pillar of strength, for it is wisdom that gives strength to the Truth. Such a spirit will not leave Heaven again.

The name of my God is, Holy. The name New Jerusalem is New Heaven, which is the perfected mind and the new name is Faithful and True; see Revelation 19:11

Revelation 3:14-22 LAODICEA

Addressing the Spirit of Wrathful Wisdom

And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eye salve, that thou mayest see. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Interpretation of: And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God.

Jesus Christ is now presented as the Amen which means ‘the Truth revealed’, and as the faithful and true witness of the Truth, which is the Word. He is also represented as the beginning of the creation of God, which is also the Word.

John 1:1 ‘In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.’ Jesus Christ also said in John 14:6 ‘I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me’.

So from this you can see that Jesus Christ is presented as the Word, which is the Truth.
Also see in John 1:14 ‘And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us.’

Interpretation of: I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

It is not enough to know the Word and act according to the letter of it, one must also possess the Spirit of the Word, for the letter kills and the Spirit gives life.

The angel/spirit of this church possessed the Word but it did not possess much Love and understanding for it, so it was said to be neither cold nor hot in its passion, and therefore had no worth, and was not righteous. In fact it was more passionate about the things of the world, and that is where its desires were. The Word stood in the way of fulfilling its desires and so its wisdom was wrathful concerning the Word, instead of the peaceful wisdom that is acquired by the Word and the righteous spirit of the Word.

Interpretation of: Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked.

The angel/spirit is rebuked for believing its earthly treasures made it rich and in need of nothing, but not realizing it had no Heavenly treasure, and did not realize that it was wretched and miserable, because of always struggling to fulfil worldly desire, it was always in need of more.
It was poor because it had nothing of true worth.
It was blind because its spiritual sight had been lost.
It was naked because the Truth could see its shame.

Interpretation of: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eye salve, that thou mayest see.

Jesus Christ counsels the angel/spirit to buy from Him Heavenly treasure tested in the tribulation. The only payment required is faith and Love for the Word and the Holy Spirit, for this treasure is the only true and lasting wealth.

The white raiment is the Holy Spirit, which is the garment that the spiritual body wears, beneath which there is no unrighteousness or shame.
The eye salve is true wisdom that opens the spiritual eyes to Truth.

Interpretation of: As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Jesus Christ is fair and righteous in His judgements, and so asks the angel/spirit to repent.
Love and Truth are always knocking on the door wishing to enter the lives of God’s children. If those who have an ear to hear, listen and open their hearts, then the Word and the Holy Spirit will come and teach you, and answer all of your questions. Jesus Christ became The Word clothed with the Holy Spirit, you can also.

Interpretation of: To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Those who overcome the darkness, desire, ignorance, death and its seven spirits of wrath will sit down in Heaven, with the Father, Jesus Christ and all of God’s children that have found perfection through the Word and the Holy Spirit.

Many of you have accomplished far more than you have yet realized.

The seven messages are to the fallen angels/spirits, and to those who possess them, so that they may be healed and their light shine to its fullness. Then you will see a new Heaven and a new Earth.

It is a wise man who sees his errors and corrects his ways.
It is a fool who puts his pride before Love and Truth.
Be wise and honest and loving; make yourself of True worth.

VIDEOS

Copyright HW Hodgetts All Rights Reserved for the protection of the Word. This material may be used for educational purposes only. We ask is that you note that this knowledge comes from this website and include a link to the appropriate page.

Return to “Christianity”