Re: A different planet?

This is a very poignant question, I think.
I've read and heard many differing points of view as to the origination of our species
and I am quite interested in the fact that we truthfully know far less about our past than we claim to
realistically, anything outside of even about 500 years prior to current is vague at absolute best
(yes, even with written accounts etc because they are the only surviving documents of a time far different than ours)

when I first started on my path I was captivated by Eric von Daniken's works
archaeology has evidence of several things that paint a very different picture of our past than the one we are told to accept
for me that was the place to start reading and researching on my own

I've pieced together a rudimentary picture of what I think happened, although my way of looking at things embraces new data
so that picture shifts sometimes as new things come to light
I think humans have been here a very, very long time
I think we have interacted with intelligence that did not originate here in the past
I think we have had at least one previous iteration of a civilization that spanned this globe and was far more advanced than modern thought permits
I think that by and large - given a long span of time and persistence in an environment - evolution is a plausible thing, to a degree
but we are so very different from things here otherwise that I cannot believe that our origin was totally natural
especially when one considers how many different old texts all say we were "made" or "fashioned"
as to whom made us, there are quite a few thoughts there
as to the motivations for it, again..quite a few thoughts

if you are really interested in delving deeper into this topic I a happy to write more about my own research and thoughts if you'd like
otherwise I would also recommend checking out Discover Truth TV channel on Youtube, they have several very interesting documentaries that deal with this

:D

tracey55 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:05 am
Are we from a different planet or is it just evolution please? Thank you.
It's as simple or as complicated as you want it to be. What does your heart tell you? If it tells you, that you are from Mars, maybe you are.

Did you recently have an experience, dream, vision that would make you believe you are from another planet?

Everyone has their own beliefs. I was formed in my mother's womb and given life by creation.

Dont let anyone feed you hogwash. You are not invincible & spiritual warfare is real.

t1mb3rl1n3 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:33 am
I've read and heard many differing points of view as to the origination of our species
and I am quite interested in the fact that we truthfully know far less about our past than we claim to
realistically, anything outside of even about 500 years prior to current is vague at absolute best
(yes, even with written accounts etc because they are the only surviving documents of a time far different than ours)

archaeology has evidence of several things that paint a very different picture of our past than the one we are told to accept

I've pieced together a rudimentary picture of what I think happened, although my way of looking at things embraces new data
I think we have interacted with intelligence that did not originate here in the past
I think we have had at least one previous iteration of a civilization that spanned this globe and was far more advanced than modern thought permits
I think that by and large - given a long span of time and persistence in an environment - evolution is a plausible thing, to a degree
but we are so very different from things here otherwise that I cannot believe that our origin was totally natural
especially when one considers how many different old texts all say we were "made" or "fashioned"

if you are really interested in delving deeper into this topic I a happy to write more about my own research and thoughts if you'd like
otherwise I would also recommend checking out Discover Truth TV channel on Youtube, they have several very interesting documentaries that deal with this

t1m,

If you've read much of the Bible, do you see the how it speaks life? I do. Some of the things I've read and heard from other points of view about the origin of our species don't always feel right in my stomach. It's as if they sound ok, but the underlying message doesn't speak life.

By no means have I done a ton of research, because frankly I believe in God. I know I should understand the varied beliefs and I try to when I come in contact with people with those views. At the same time I'm still developing my own faith.

If you have some more thoughts and research on the topic I'd be interested in hearing it.

Unique wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:13 am
t1mb3rl1n3 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:33 am

t1m,

If you've read much of the Bible, do you see the how it speaks life? I do. Some of the things I've read and heard from other points of view about the origin of our species don't always feel right in my stomach. It's as if they sound ok, but the underlying message doesn't speak life.

By no means have I done a ton of research, because frankly I believe in God. I know I should understand the varied beliefs and I try to when I come in contact with people with those views. At the same time I'm still developing my own faith.

If you have some more thoughts and research on the topic I'd be interested in hearing it.
namaste min venn
to be truthful I will put it this way
- the christian bible is an adaptation of many works from old times
it, to me, does not speak "life" so much as "how you should probably live your life".
I have read it, I was put into Sunday school as a young boy
and I fervently wanted to believe in what I was taught.
But, like you, the points of view I heard didn't feel right in my stomach.
They maybe sounded okay, but the underlying message didn't actually speak things like tolerance, compassion, love, understanding
because the truth is that, even in my little Lutheran church, there was a lot of intolerance and misunderstanding amongst people
and not hate but definitely not love
and compassion? forget it.

I was asked to leave Sunday school by my 2nd grade teacher.
She gave me a slide rule and a book on how to use it (if you are old enough to know or remember what those are)
she told me that was more my "speed"

That caused a lot of questioning that led me down many paths. Ultimately I am very grateful to that teacher.

She was correct, platitudes and allegory might suite some people just fine.
And no judgment upon then if that be the case, truly, because if that be the case they tend to live pretty simply and pretty straightforward
but they do not work for me
I do not need a deity or a creator whom hides behind metaphor and phrase
I respect and honor the All-Father (or Mother).
Great Spirit simply IS. It is larger than us, than thought, than time, than anything. We cannot know it in it's totality any more than it can know us.

I think there have been people, beings, and consciousnesses in the past that have walked this earth that have been interpreted by people as gods, demigods, giants, etc.

I do not whatsoever believe we have the whole story of creation from the biblical or the scientific standpoint.

The bible is man's arrogance in assertion that things have been this way for only a short time
and in truth, that is true...in the face of epoch man has only been here likely a very short time

science says it's millions and billions and gadjillions of years because of this or that or the other latest carbon dating method (which are also horribly fallible).
and science is so quick to point out that this is THIS and that is THAT and that is FACT (until it is proven to be otherwise, which it almost inexorably *will* be).

I think the truth is definitely stranger than our strangest fictions
although I also think we have been using our fiction and our creativity to educate ourselves over the course of many years

if you want to know more of what I think, I will happily discourse.

if you disagree, that is fine with me, you do not have to agree with me...I would rather, in fact, that you find the truth that works for YOU

Jeg ser deg!

I believe in God, like you say All-Father..but we don't need to discuss it. I'm finding that things I saw as truth were lies.
I'll always believe in God, His Son, & the Holy Spirit. Which from what I understand is a mystery to many pastors.

I was talking to a pastor not long ago that told me many pastors are still a little confused about the Holy Spirit. He talked about different things in life that can be attributed to the Holy Spirit, yet much is speculated.

When you say All-Father it makes me think of the Holy Spirit. Of how many civilizations have tried to define an omnipresent source of all. When sometimes words might not adequately define it.

Return to “Questions & Answers”