I can relate very much. For a while now I've slept with a tumbled amethyst underneath my pillow after a friend recommended I try it, and when I first started doing it, I had very vivid spiritual dreams and my intuition was through the roof. It literally "boosted" my abilities in every area I was developing in. My meditations were more powerful too. My crystal would also disappear and re-appear out of nowhere quite frequently too. That used to annoy me lol but It would just completely disappear! I have no idea how or where it'd go. So yeah, I personally really like using crystals, they have assisted me well. I've gotten more for various aspects in my life and they are great. Just do some research either online or pop into a new age shop if there is one in your area and ask about the crystals and what they do, you can identify what types of things you need help with in your life and see if a crystal will assist you in that area. It depends on what you want help or assistance with :)

Amethyst also gets my vote for the reasons mentioned above. Green Aventurine also works amazingly well for me by calming my emotions when I carry it close. I find it soothing X

Crystals are not "magick rocks," they are crystals, minerals, metals, fossils, and so on, that grow or are preserved in the earth for us to find. These crystals and minerals carry the energy of Earth's Consciousness and serve as tools to assist in healings, manifestation work (AKA magic), and are conductive to the vibration of cosmic principles, words, emotions, and physical areas. Most crystals fall into a few categories, such as chakras, master crystals, etc... but mostly all crystals fall into the chakra category.

All crystals "are powerful," but really-- they all just have Power-- and not necessarily are some more powerful than others, but really, what one crystal can be used for over another... the real power is in the intent and emotion of the magician/metaphysician using it.

Sizing for crystals also doesn't matter or depict how much "power" as crystal has, because power is a relative term and it really comes from the fact that humans have to categorize and label everything and size depicts how weak or strong something is-- which is wrong. The only difference between a small and large crystal is the scope of its usage. Take a magnifying glass for example. A small or big magnifying glass will do the job, just the bigger one allows you to see a larger area, but they're both magnifying glasses and they both do the job.

With me-- clear quartz, Tibetan quartz, amethyst, malachite, obsidian, gold sheen obsidian, tourmaline, citrine, green calcite, watermelon tourmaline, agates, carnelian, and mostly all the common chakra stones work for me and do very well.

Everything has energy, consciousness, psyche (soul), and vibration. Even herbs are powerful like crystals and carry metaphysical properties-- which is why sage is burned to cleanse, repel, and remove negative energy.

i recently bought a flourite ball and before that one, a few pieces of tourmaline, not sure of strain, but they are rough, and dark brown or black, they are good for countering radiation

and howlite, and as i read on one of the other threads, am going to test it tonight for sleep dreams etc

oh and lately, my intuitiveness is getting clearer, along with memory

so much energy too! that last full moon was, WOW

cheers
b

Quartz for programming
tourmaline for protection

most interesting combination I found was a master crystal petalite and mix with celestite together they are quite potent.

most precious metal - gold, silver, etc work well also.

but depends on what works for yiu

I have a pendant of black tourmaline with a small pink tourmaline on it... wearing it (almost daily) I feel very grounded and protected. My boji stones are quite strong when I hold them one in each hand... eases anxiety and stress. My moldavite pendant I love wearing but because others seem to have such a strong negative abrupt reaction to it I no longer wear it at work or out in public much. Guidance has said it's ok to wear to metal concerts though. Lol
“Strength lies in differences, not in similarities.” —Stephen Covey

“When we bring what is within out into the world, miracles happen.” ~ Thoreau

Sh4d0w wrote:I used to not really believe in magick rocks, but then someone gave me moldavite, and before that I only dreamed a few times a year or less (at least that I remembered) but since that day, several years ago, I dream multiple times every night. There have also been times when my moldavite disappeared for a while then reappeared, and one time especially it was extremely obvious that it wasn't just an issue of misplacing it and finding it, but it really did literally disappear and reappear. Because of my experience with moldavite I got a lot more rocks that looked interesting, some magick related, some nature related, and some for other things but moldavite is the only one I've really been effected strongly by. One time I think labradorite might have made me lucid dream but I'm not positive. From your personal experiences (or stories you've personally heard, but I don't want the information from books or websites, I can find that easy enough myself) what are the most powerful stones and what do they do? I especially am interested in stones related to magick, especially elemental magick, and also any nature related ones. And also any related to darkness and passion and victory. Thank you.
Selenite does amazing things for clearing my crown and really aligning my meditation experiences - like a breathe of fresh air.

Every molocule has its own frequency.
So every crystel has its frequency signature.
I have two types of tourquose, the blue for protection
and olive for healing.

I use the navajo "spirit calling stone" Quartzite
for healing others.
To call a healing spirit you rub two of them
together. When spirit arrives, both stones
glow and the smell of Lightning fills the air.

Be in harmony,
be in beauty.
roger

All stones are powerful, but what kind of power they have will vary. Lots of people have strong reactions to Moldavite, for me those stones are just meh. Some of the stones I have felt the most strongly are dense and heavily grounding stones like Hematite, Galena, Vanadinite, and even Pyrite and Chalcopyrite. I always feel puzzled when I see people complain about not liking Hematite, clearly it's not the right energy for them.
LucidDreams wrote:I'm sure different stones can produce different types of "power", it depends on what you're looking for. I recently found out first hand that clear quartz crystal... negative entities can flip the script on you and use it against you. I was being tossed around my room like a rag doll in a dogs mouth, and I looked at my necklace and saw the stone glowing bright red. It did a wonderful job of deflecting anxiety that I would otherwise pick up from other people, but the price is a bit too steep for me. Before this happened I was skeptical as to whether stones really had any effect, or if it was a placebo. That incident removed any doubt for me. I was thinking perhaps because it was clear it's kind of like it's empty, or null. So it can be filled or utilized by whatever wishes to do so... it doesn't take sides. Whereas perhaps certain types will filter things? In this case I would trust the colors blue & white. They just seem to me to represent purity and goodness. I would steer clear of red.
There's nothing wrong with red stones, they provide vitality and grounding energy. Clear stones can be the most versatile, especially if you use clear quartz on all your chakras. Other colorless stones like Selenite or Phenacite have a high energy best suited for the upper chakras. Depending on the shade of blue a stone is, they may be suited to the throat or the third eye chakra.

As for your necklace glowing bright red, the energy of your stones could have been temporarily contaminated by the negativity around you. It's important to regularly clear the energy of your stones. I once had a very nice piece of Amethyst that gave my friend the heebie jeebies, turns out he was picking up on the energy of a dark entity that I had spotted near my crystals one day. I cleared my stones and their energy was restored.

LucidDreams, it's interesting how different things work for different peoples. I used to wear a cross when I was younger, it never protected me and neither did calling Jesus or the angels for help. Chanting YHVH on the other hand works perfectly.

ahh I am glad I found this thread. Stones have been companions for me throughout my life. I was very young when I first realized that they speak, and that they can be sources of great things. Throughout my life I have collected, gifted, sought, and lost many stones....they are transient entities upon my path, but they are so very necessary. I have a few books with different interpretations of stones, and I have read numerous articles and books on circle making etc.....but nothing, for me, is as natural and normal as working with stones. I follow my own patterns when making circles, I listen to them and feel them....they tell me where they should be in the plot of the circle. My personal favorites vary with season and situation, because they all have uses and voices for many different things, though unlike the books I do not think others should define what your stones do or how they work for you....if you learn of them, and learn to listen, you will know. I often find this contemporary need to "establish definition" somewhat frustrating, though it is a necessary thing I suppose in some respects.

Some of my favorites are : blue spectrolite is the hue and vibration that I feel I am a part of condensed and expressed as a stone, I often gift citrine points to those around me as they are good to carry for maintaining positive environments (especially if you are like I am, I sponge up emotions from those around me which can be not so much fun in negative places), copper is special to me and tied to me in a way I have not fully sorted out...., most feldspars catch my eye, following labradorite I do like moonstone......moldavite is beautiful but feels distant, bloodstone is very soothing..apache tears and hematite are good for meditation for me, as are moqui balls.....I have rose quartz, golden calcite, amethyst, and labradorite spheres for exercise and massage.....

Where I live in the NW there are numerous places to go find wild stones.....calcites, quartz, garnets, opal, agate and many more.....I enjoy rock hunting usually in the spring and summer, and whenever I go to a new place I make a point to check out the rocks in the area....they will tell you about water quality and taste as well as a great many other things :)

Thank you for starting this space OP

That's a tough question.
All the stones I have resonate with a high frequency.
Not all of them match each other when it comes to energy levels, but they all have high energy levels.
I would say that all of the stones I have are the most powerful ones I've worked with.
Maybe that's just because of how I use them.
For example, I wear a black obsidian and an amethyst around my neck.
Both stones have become so powerful to the point where:
1. people and beings of negative nature avoid me
2. I attract people and beings of light

I don't really agree with calling them "magik rocks" either. They are crystals, anyway off my soap box.

I enjoy blue kyanite, green tourmaline, moonstone, amethyst. All of these are used for psychic growth and astral projection/travel. Malachite is very powerful, it pulls negativity out of you, but will bring things out to the surface as it does it.

I recently added a selenite tealite holder to my collection of purdies. It really seems to enhance the calming energies of the rose quartz and amethyst stones on my Angel altar. :)

gems and energy

gems and energy

Hi all . . . . .
All gems and metals can respond to psi-intention, giving them the ability to hold and focus
the psi-ability energies. Birth stones and birth pearls are particularly strong for the wearer.

When I custom designed a piece of jewelry, I put in a birth stone, even a very small one in the piece. Often I would place it in the bottom of a ring's band, so it's face would touch the finger and provide protective energy.

My gem preferences are:
Amethyst and different colors of quartz, for an energy source,
[amethyst is a purple quartz].
Any of the different colors of sapphire's to magnify energy.

All gems with their natural crystal pointed form can direct that energy.
The crystal points in clusters are devastatingly powerful. Pointed
inward to the hand, they will magnify the power of collected chi
into spheres of energy via the Qi Cong discipline.

Quartzite's Chalk-white pebbles call and hold energy. Near
fist size are the best for showing what they are. Rub two of
them together and they will glow with energy, giving off a odor
of ozone. It is the way air smells after a close lightening strike.

As a child I always carried two small Quartsite stones, one in each pocket
to magnify my healing energy. I had just discovered healing and went around
healing every thing that looked like it needed healing. Dogs, cats, birds, trees,
bushes, grass, children and older folks. I had one older lady chase me down the
street banishing her umbrella at me yelling "Stay away from me, you young scamp,
don't you know I want to die!!!!"
:-) :-)
in harmony,
roger

Michael Unbreakable wrote:
Sizing for crystals also doesn't matter or depict how much "power" as crystal has, because power is a relative term and it really comes from the fact that humans have to categorize and label everything and size depicts how weak or strong something is-- which is wrong. The only difference between a small and large crystal is the scope of its usage. Take a magnifying glass for example. A small or big magnifying glass will do the job, just the bigger one allows you to see a larger area, but they're both magnifying glasses and they both do the job.

Everything has energy, consciousness, psyche (soul), and vibration. Even herbs are powerful like crystals and carry metaphysical properties-- which is why sage is burned to cleanse, repel, and remove negative energy.
I'm new here so hopefully this will bump this :) I've been wondering about the size since I got some really small ones so I could carry them easily. Anyway thanks for addressing this :)

I'll add another aspect of stones, gem and others.
All have a different harmonic frequencies. Each mineral
material has a specific frequency resonance. A friend has
cataloged them through his research and has recorded their
individual visual frequency patterns.

A stone or crystal is made up of individual minerals and through heat and
pressure form the Gem with it's unique combined harmonic frequency energy.
It is these harmonics that we combine with for psi-use to project psi-energy.
A Gem Stone or crystal's frequency harmonic pattern is what helps us to
broadcast psi-energy. Our intention can focus that energy.
in harmony,
roger

Return to “Crystals & Stones”