The wolf

[center][font=Arial Black]WOLF[/font][/center]
[font=Arial Black]Current research suggests that a number of wolf like carnivores diverged from a common ancestor about two to three million years ago. The first grey wolf probably appeared in Europe about a million years ago. Around 750,000 years ago, it is thought to have migrated to North America. Wolves are the largest members of the dog family.[/font]
[font=Arial Black]In Irish mythology Airitech was a mysterious creature whose three daughters were werewolf like creatures, eventually killed by CAS Corach. The Irish word for wolf is Mac Tire meaning literally the Son of the Country side. In Greek mythology, a wolf was responsible for the childhood survival of the future founders of Rome, Romulus and Remus. The twin babies were ordered to be killed by their great uncle Amulius. The servant ordered to kill them, however, relented and placed the two babies on the banks of the Tiber River. The river, which was in flood, rose and gently carried the cradle and the twins downstream, where under the protection of the river deity Tiberinus, they would be adopted by a she-wolf known as Lupa.[/font]
[font=Arial Black]A werewolf, also known as a lycanthrope wolf and man, is a mythological human with the ability to shape shift into a wolf-like creature, either purposely or after being placed under a curse or affliction a bite or scratch from another werewolf. This is said to happen when there is a full moon.[/font]
[font=Arial Black]Wolves live and hunt in packs of around six to ten animals. They are known to roam large distances, perhaps ten miles in a single day. They eat large animals such as deer, elk, and moose. Wolves also eat smaller mammals, birds, fish, snakes, and fruit. Wolf packs are established according to a strict hierarchy, with a dominant male at the top and his mate not far behind. These are known as the alpha male and the alpha female. Usually this male and female are the only animals of the pack to breed. All the pack's adults help to care for young pups by bringing them food and watching them while others hunt.
[/font]
[font=Arial Black]Wolves communicate by growling, whimpering and howling. The wolf's legs are slightly longer than those of other carnivores. This enables the animal to move swiftly, and allows it to move through deep snow. Wolf[/font][font=Arial Black]’[/font][font=Arial Black]s night vision is better than any other carnivore although its sense of smell is weaker than that of most hunting dogs. Wolves are highly territorial and usually establish territories that are far larger than they require, assuring a steady supply of prey. Wolves defend their territories from other packs through a combination of scent marking, direct attacks and howling.[/font]
[font=Arial Black]If wolf is your power animal then you are very privileged indeed, wolf is one of the Guardians of power animals. You can access both worlds, physical and ethereal. You ebb and flow like the ocean because you are affected by the moon also. While you can reach heights spiritually that others cannot you are much grounded when the need arises. You are very sociable but have great respect for hierarchy, you love your children and your mate and they are the most important people in your life. You are very loyal and have almost a naive sense of innocence, you see the good in people and are often very surprised when they turn out not to be as good as you imagined. Although you are sociable you do like your own space every now and then.
[/font]
[font=Arial Black]You have an interest in the supernatural and all the mysteries of life. You also have a keen interest in astrology and moon phases.  You have an untamed spirit which you very rarely show to others. You are a keeper of secrets, your own as well as other peoples. You are a very deep and emotional person and you sometimes find it hard to control your emotions. You can howl and when you do you can invoke such compassion and empathy from others that it surprises you. You are very well respected for your honesty and directness, your wisdom can even astonishes you sometimes. You are an old and very evolved soul. You do not like people to see all of you, you feel vulnerable when you give too much of yourself to others.
[/font]
[font=Arial Black]Wolf[/font][font=Arial Black]’[/font][font=Arial Black]s message to you is this, when you feel like you are confused, or like you are suffering from lunar lunacy, try and just go with the flow. You know by now that these feelings pass and like the tides ebb and flow your feet always touch the ground eventually. Float on the current of whatever is happening and don[/font][font=Arial Black]’[/font][font=Arial Black]t try and swim against the tide. While you can be very emotional this is because you are very empathic, you should see it as a gift rather than something to be controlled. Always trust your instinct, your wisdom is eternal and is only ever wrong when you use your knowledge rather than your knowing.[/font]
[font=Arial Black]Sometimes the truth hurts and people do not want to hear the truth, but eventually they will thank you for your honesty. Wolves communicate through their eyes sometimes, you can see almost into someone[/font][font=Arial Black]’[/font][font=Arial Black]s soul just by looking into their eyes, you can see past the mask and this enables you to help people in a very special way. You can heal what others can't. You have a great respect for nature and traditions and you are always willing to learn.[/font]
[font=Arial Black]You do not need labels for your gifts are innate to you; you were born wise and take this wisdom as part of life.

characteristics:Shapeshifting, magic, wisdom, emotional, grounded, healing, soul retrieval, rhythm, endurance, spirit walker.

LOve cheeneka x
[/font]

[table][tr][td][/td]
[td][/td][/tr][/table]

[FONT=Arial Black]Wolf[/FONT][FONT=Arial Black]’[/FONT][FONT=Arial Black]s message to you is this, when you feel like you are confused, or like you are suffering from lunar lunacy, try and just go with the flow. You know by now that these feelings pass and like the tides ebb and flow your feet always touch the ground eventually. Float on the current of whatever is happening and don[/FONT][FONT=Arial Black]’[/FONT][FONT=Arial Black]t try and swim against the tide. While you can be very emotional this is because you are very empathic, you should see it as a gift rather than something to be controlled. Always trust your instinct, your wisdom is eternal and is only ever wrong when you use your knowledge rather than your knowing.
[/FONT]

a piece of advice very worthy keeping in mind, thank you for reminding me <3
[FONT=Arial Black]

[/FONT]

cheeneka wrote:[color=#000000:1kxd8s23][font=Arial Black][/font][/color:1kxd8s23]
[font=Arial Black][color=#000000:1kxd8s23]You do not need labels for your gifts are innate to you; you were born wise and take this wisdom as part of life.

[/color:1kxd8s23][/font]
mange takk min venner
I appreciate this sharing of thoughts on Wolf and Wolf's ways
there are many old legends that have one foot in mythos and one foot in forgotten history
suffice it to say, Wolf has walked alongside mankind for thousands of years
mankind tends to act toward any predatory animal out of fear....because we subconsciously or very consciously wish to assert ourselves as the prime predator
in that way, especially since the larger migrations Westward from Europe, we have had a habit of thoughtless slaughter
now, as the Wolf is re-introduced to parts of America and Europe where it once thrived, there is a split in thought on the Wolf
most see it as a nuisance or a threat, these are people who walk with fear and who do not understand the benefit of such an animal
others revere the Wolf, are glad to see it's return to where it once walked....however, they too must not be foolish
Wolf is wise, wolf is patient, and wolf is thorough......wolf is lethal because of this
I think the best lessons I have had from walking alongside Wolf comes in the form of observation
balance
and tenacity

Many feel that Wolf chooses them for a time, and many choose to follow Wolf.....sometimes their reasons are not in line with what Wolf truly is and means
but, I would rather see people try to look beyond themselves in any way
than stay mired in fear and futility

[img:1kxd8s23]https://www.wordans.ca/wvc-1359422204/w ... 73_340.jpg[/img:1kxd8s23]

[i:1kxd8s23][b:1kxd8s23]Måtte ånd spasertur ved siden av deg i alle ting - [/b:1kxd8s23]May Spirit walk beside you in all things[/i:1kxd8s23]

Hi

We can learn many things from animals.

Spirit speaks to us in many ways.
Universal language and wisdom is all around us, we can see it and tap into it, if we use our spirit rather than our eyes and knowledge.

LOve cheeneka x

This was really informative in a way that's revealed to me that the wolf is one of my power animals. I'm curious to see if you have anything to say about the panther?

HI,

I am in the process of writing a book a book on power animals at the moment.

Strangely enough the panther was next on the list.

I am at the moment writing about Hyena which probably explains why my energy is not as positive as it usually is! :)

I will post Panther here over the next few days.

LOve cheeneka x

Re: The wolf

Wolf is my Totem animal.  A Cree Elder smudged and prayed for me to know my Totem.  That night a wolf came to my window where the prayers were made.  She said this will remain with me for life, and that the signs were unusually strong.  I feel a bond with these predators, a mutual respect.
:boat
i am like a particle floating on a wave traveling across a sea of awareness, looking within, i am everywhere, looking outward i see everything where ever i look. I am the Captain of my own experience, It has always been this way.

Re: The wolf

cheeneka wrote:
Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:57 pm
[center]WOLF[/center]
Current research suggests that a number of wolf like carnivores diverged from a common ancestor about two to three million years ago. The first grey wolf probably appeared in Europe about a million years ago. Around 750,000 years ago, it is thought to have migrated to North America. Wolves are the largest members of the dog family.
In Irish mythology Airitech was a mysterious creature whose three daughters were werewolf like creatures, eventually killed by CAS Corach. The Irish word for wolf is Mac Tire meaning literally the Son of the Country side. In Greek mythology, a wolf was responsible for the childhood survival of the future founders of Rome, Romulus and Remus. The twin babies were ordered to be killed by their great uncle Amulius. The servant ordered to kill them, however, relented and placed the two babies on the banks of the Tiber River. The river, which was in flood, rose and gently carried the cradle and the twins downstream, where under the protection of the river deity Tiberinus, they would be adopted by a she-wolf known as Lupa.
A werewolf, also known as a lycanthrope wolf and man, is a mythological human with the ability to shape shift into a wolf-like creature, either purposely or after being placed under a curse or affliction a bite or scratch from another werewolf. This is said to happen when there is a full moon.
Wolves live and hunt in packs of around six to ten animals. They are known to roam large distances, perhaps ten miles in a single day. They eat large animals such as deer, elk, and moose. Wolves also eat smaller mammals, birds, fish, snakes, and fruit. Wolf packs are established according to a strict hierarchy, with a dominant male at the top and his mate not far behind. These are known as the alpha male and the alpha female. Usually this male and female are the only animals of the pack to breed. All the pack's adults help to care for young pups by bringing them food and watching them while others hunt.

Wolves communicate by growling, whimpering and howling. The wolf's legs are slightly longer than those of other carnivores. This enables the animal to move swiftly, and allows it to move through deep snow. Wolfs night vision is better than any other carnivore although its sense of smell is weaker than that of most hunting dogs. Wolves are highly territorial and usually establish territories that are far larger than they require, assuring a steady supply of prey. Wolves defend their territories from other packs through a combination of scent marking, direct attacks and howling.
If wolf is your power animal then you are very privileged indeed, wolf is one of the Guardians of power animals. You can access both worlds, physical and ethereal. You ebb and flow like the ocean because you are affected by the moon also. While you can reach heights spiritually that others cannot you are much grounded when the need arises. You are very sociable but have great respect for hierarchy, you love your children and your mate and they are the most important people in your life. You are very loyal and have almost a naive sense of innocence, you see the good in people and are often very surprised when they turn out not to be as good as you imagined. Although you are sociable you do like your own space every now and then.

You have an interest in the supernatural and all the mysteries of life. You also have a keen interest in astrology and moon phases.  You have an untamed spirit which you very rarely show to others. You are a keeper of secrets, your own as well as other peoples. You are a very deep and emotional person and you sometimes find it hard to control your emotions. You can howl and when you do you can invoke such compassion and empathy from others that it surprises you. You are very well respected for your honesty and directness, your wisdom can even astonishes you sometimes. You are an old and very evolved soul. You do not like people to see all of you, you feel vulnerable when you give too much of yourself to others.

Wolfs message to you is this, when you feel like you are confused, or like you are suffering from lunar lunacy, try and just go with the flow. You know by now that these feelings pass and like the tides ebb and flow your feet always touch the ground eventually. Float on the current of whatever is happening and dont try and swim against the tide. While you can be very emotional this is because you are very empathic, you should see it as a gift rather than something to be controlled. Always trust your instinct, your wisdom is eternal and is only ever wrong when you use your knowledge rather than your knowing.
Sometimes the truth hurts and people do not want to hear the truth, but eventually they will thank you for your honesty. Wolves communicate through their eyes sometimes, you can see almost into someones soul just by looking into their eyes, you can see past the mask and this enables you to help people in a very special way. You can heal what others can't. You have a great respect for nature and traditions and you are always willing to learn.
You do not need labels for your gifts are innate to you; you were born wise and take this wisdom as part of life.

characteristics:Shapeshifting, magic, wisdom, emotional, grounded, healing, soul retrieval, rhythm, endurance, spirit walker.

LOve cheeneka x

[table][tr][td][/td]
[td][/td][/tr][/table]
X

Return to “Ancient Wisdom and Mysticism”