A simple meditation

I call it simple and not easy because meditation is definitely not easy at first.

The goal of a meditative practice can be to tap into your higher self and gain a perspective on the difference between that and you animal (ego) mind. To learn that you are not just your thoughts but really vastly so much more. While most people think they want to get into some elaborate meditation practice, the best thing to do is to start small and build once established. Here is a simple meditation.

Every day, either when you wake up or before going to bed, meditate for five minutes (or even just two if five proves to be troublesome). It's best to try to sit in a lotus position (crossed legs) for the simple reason, you won't fall asleep! Set an alarm so you don't have to focus on a clock. Then watch your breathing. In through your nose and out through your mouth. Envision clean pure air coming in and waste air going out.

When your thoughts stray (and they will) go back to focusing on your breathing the moment you notice. This may prove to be difficult to do, but the more you practice the easier it gets. The thoughts are the animal mind, your focus is part of your higher self. Do not stop. Seemingly important thoughts may pop up, ideas of what you forgot or really have to do, but DO NOT STOP. You'll notice noises around you as well, they may even frighten you, those become part of the meditation. Stay still and keep focused, you are strengthening your higher self.

Now here is the most important part - do this practice EVERY DAY. Do it for 28 days in a row and I can assure you that there will be a change. Do it at the same time everyday (or as close as possible) and if you miss a day, start the count over. After the 28 days, if you like what you find, I'd recommend looking up mantras to try. My favorite is the Heart Sutra.

Re: A simple meditation

i was thinking of doing this for the past three days, and you make it seem so easy the way you describe it...

taking deep steady breaths
in, down the back|
out, up through the front
calming the inner voice,
just focusing on the breath
accepting everything around you
and letting it go
to just be aware of everything
with inner peace
focusing on the breath
in every moment
tensions resolve and release
just focusing on the breath
slow, steady, smooth, strong
then out
nothing can interrupt your breath
only what you let.

Yes, it is the most simple the thing in the world to do - that's why it's so hard.
Intention will breed results, so if the intent is to keep up with this practice for 28 days straight, even if you falter and have to start again, there will be great internal improvements.

Forgiveness is important too, be compassionate with yourself, just don't stop.

Yes, this is just right. When i stopped actively meditating, intentionally, i knew that i would have to begin again slow and easy.

its working

i dont know a great deal about mantras, see what comes up,
in the meanwhile perhaps you could share a bit about your own experiences with the Heart Sutra?

Today i stopped to meditate while gold digging on the riverbank.
couple times
sun was shining
i put on my hat and sunglasses. eyes closed, it was like putting a filter over a lens, to my perception.

second time, facing the sun openly, closed my eyes and the back of my eyelids /so to speak\ lit up in a wild array of golden energetic lines that eventually coalesced into a cross shape.

stuff always happens when i meditate.

cool...
on another note;
if you are panning in water its different ( in my knowlege) to using a detector on wet/dry land.

red clay and black sands are the clues they tell me...

hardly simple but fun nevertheless.
BUY:- "ADVENTURES ON THE ASTRAL PLANE" NOW ON AMAZON KINDLE.
EDITED AND ADDED-TO. YOURS TO KEEP AND ENJOY.

FORGET WHAT YOU WANT?
GET RID OF WHAT YOU NEED.
FRESH AIR AND SUNSHINE
WORKS FOR ALL TREES

interesting!!!

I made a post in IS about monoatomic gold recently...

in my posts somewhere...ah yes.... GOLD WATER.
BUY:- "ADVENTURES ON THE ASTRAL PLANE" NOW ON AMAZON KINDLE.
EDITED AND ADDED-TO. YOURS TO KEEP AND ENJOY.

FORGET WHAT YOU WANT?
GET RID OF WHAT YOU NEED.
FRESH AIR AND SUNSHINE
WORKS FOR ALL TREES

Return to “Meditation”